For the month of October, we're having our first ever spooky themed competition!
Create any image related to the theme of Halloween.
Maybe it's a dark forest where a terrifying creature prepares to hunt you down. Or an abandoned cemetery home to a ghost. Or a creepy laboratory that hosted an experiment gone wrong! Whatever "halloween" means to you, do it!
Tips for winning
- Avoid the pumpkin cliche! It's overused and not very scary :P
- Create an image with a story. Even something simple is better than nothing!
- Study horror films to see how they used lighting to create suspense.
First Prize (worth $545)
Second Prize (worth $216)
- 12-month subscription to Poliigon Gold
Third Prize ($144)
- 12-month subscription to Poliigon Lite
- You can use any 3D software you like
- This is an image only contest (no animations sorry)
- 60% of the textures must come from Poliigon
- Only one entry per person
- Painting programs like Substance Designer/Painter are allowed.
- Minimum image size is 1920px wide but the bigger the better (any aspect ratio is fine)
- Your entry must be a new creation, not an existing project
- Bought or third-party models are allowed so long as they don't take up more than 20% of the image
- Photographic elements are allowed, but it should be mostly 3D (eg. sky backgrounds are okay)
- Your entry must in some way relate to the theme
Criteria for Judging
Entries will be judged by me on the following criteria:
To increase your chances of winning, aim for all three!
4 Reasons to Enter:
- There's a clear deadline so you know you won't be working on this forever!
- Working around constraints of a theme can help you to think creatively
- Competing alongside other artists is a great way to stay motivated and do your best
- Your entry will be seen by thousands of daily visitors, increasing your online exposure!
How to Enter
Post your finished artwork to ArtStation with the tag #PoliigonHalloween, before 27th October 2017 11:59pm GMT.
May the best artist win!