It’s the end of the year and the holidays are almost here. Which means (besides hanging out and eating way too much with friends and family) we're having a Christmas Themed Contest!
Create any render related to the theme of Christmas. That could be a stuffed stocking, a snowy cabin covered in lights, Santa Claus flying through the night sky, whatever it means to you show us!
Criteria for Judging
Entries will be judged by me on the following criteria:
To increase your chances of winning, aim for all three!
- 12-months of Poliigon Gold
- 6-months of Poliigon Gold
- 6-months of Poliigon Lite
- You can use any 3D software or renderer
- This is an image only contest (no animations sorry)
- Only one entry per person
- Minor post processing in Photoshop or other 2D editor is allowed
- Minimum size is 1920px wide but the bigger the better (any aspect ratio is fine)
- Your entry must be a new creation, not an existing project
- It must be mostly your work. Bought or third-party models are allowed but mustn't make up more than 20% of the screen space.
- Photographic elements are allowed, but it should be mostly 3D (sky backgrounds are okay)
- Your entry must in some way relate to the theme
4 Reasons to Enter:
- There's a clear deadline so you know you won't be working on this forever!
- Working around constraints of a theme can help you to think creatively
- Competing alongside other artists is a great way to stay motivated and do your best
- Your entry will be seen by thousands of daily visitors, increasing your online exposure!
How to Enter
Just post your finished artwork to ArtStation with the tag #PoliigonChristmas2017, before 20th December 2017 11:59pm GMT.
May the best artist win :)